Over the past few days, as I've re-entered from my brief post-Easter break, I've had a whole lot of time with numerous individuals to "reconnect" with the body of Christ that has been my spiritual home for 30 years.
The treasure of that is that there is such depth and trust here that I am really confident that God can get through to me even when I might be less than perfectly tuned in to His voice. The Lord just seems to be faithful to send me people who hear and see things even if I might miss it the first time around.
If there's no other reason for being committed and connected, that's a good one! I wonder what folks who go the "independent" route in following Christ do when it comes to discerning the will of God for their life? Without accountable and proactive relationships we are just simply bound to miss God's best because no one has the capacity to hear well all the time for themselves let alone for those that they might be leading.
I'm grateful for those around me and the connections we made. Yes, it costs something of time and can occasionally be a bit overwhelming. But in the end, it's what helps guide my steps and give me a sense of purpose for which I have nothing but high praise to Jesus!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment