My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 26, 2010

An invitation to belong

Yesterday was a very satisfying experience for me. Despite the fears of addressing the rather wide-spread inclination of many people to be “nominal” followers of Jesus and to not commit to any thing or church specifically, I addressed the topic “headfirst” in my message. The response from people following all the services was incredible!

I was most intrigued by the number of “sold out” followers who said that they really needed to hear that word of encouragement because they were beginning to feel as if it was ‘okay’ for people to just attend and not be committed. This adds a terrific burden on them to sustain a ministry that’s trying to grow and yet sees just a percentage of the people who attend making a bona fide commitment.

I also heard from some of the new people that it was the ‘nudge’ that they needed to get off the fence and begin to participate at a level that was new for them.

We’ll see how this plays out but initially, I am gratified that taking the risk of faith seemed to have been well received and, most important, honored by God. By the way, that’s generally how it is in every area of walking with Jesus!

Blessings in Jesus,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment