It's been about a week since I made any entry here and I have to admit that my emotions have been bouncing around quite a bit.
Part of me always feels connected to the life of our church family and I believe that will always be the case. On the other hand, it's essential that, on occasion, I disconnect to find unhurried time with the Lord, my wife and myself, away from the many friendships, commitments and opportunities that our wonderful church offers.
Perhaps one of the things that have been most apparent to me in my time of "disconnecting" is just how troubled our nation seems to be.
I don't want to be an alarmist of apocalyptic in any way, but it really is unusual for so many "uncertainties" to be so near the surface that very trustworthy and conscientious people are wondering "what's going on?" I'll have more to say about this in the weeks ahead but I know that all of these events; political, economic, international and even spiritual are not the "norm" of my recollection and cause me to think that now more than ever we need to be building our lives on the rock of God's revelation and nothing less.
Blessings!
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment