My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Peace from Within

The last 24 hours has been a very fast moving time for me. I've been in and out of the city of Pittsburgh and around the area. I've had probably half a dozen very deep and challenging conversations and still have a number of "loose ends" in terms of major decisions.

It's in times like this that I realize that there is no "peace" in terms of circumstance. The only hope that I have for finding that sense of calm assurance is in the peace of God that passes all understanding and Phil. 4 says that comes by giving Him every detail of my need in earnest and thankful prayer (Phil. 4:6&7).

In the remaining hours of today I am promising God I am going to do just that, even if it means I have to miss another "meeting."

I don't know if the word "meeting" is sacred, but I know that too many of them pretty much crushes the life out of anybody. On the other hand, without times together important things don't get done. Again, if we're to be enjoying the peace of God it has to come by God's presence and His Spirit and that, my friends, is a gift that the Spirit brings when we turn these things over to Him in prayer.

I'm praying that you'll have peace tonight!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jay. I needed that. Since my flight to The Netherlands was cancelled by volcanic ash my "peace level" has taken a hit. But God...

    ReplyDelete