My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 9, 2010

When You Rest

As I trust you gathered from an earlier posting, I’m on a time out of the office and out of my normal routine. If you haven’t checked the blog today I want to just mention to you how essential the discipline of “rest” really is.

In fact, if you’re wired at all like me we don’t even think about needing to take time to feed our own soul, to slow down and most important to “recalculate” the direction we’re heading at breakneck speeds! (You may want to reference my Easter message on that one.)

I believe that God is pouring out His grace in consistent measure with the amount of evil that is being revealed all around us. In fact there is even greater grace for those who see it and apply it to their lives.

I continue to stand by my earlier “prediction” that this will be the most fruitful year that we’ve seen in a long time at North Way!

And yet, without rest we will not be able to sustain the investment necessary to raise up disciples and continue to “free people to follow Jesus.”

Rest needs to be daily, weekly and then periodically. A little bit of time every day, a little bit of extra time every week and then this occasional time away like we are enjoying now. All of us need it and all of us benefit from it. Thanks for your prayers while we continue to soak in this gift from the Lord.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment