Yesterday, I was unable to pull together a blog because of preparations I was making for the "Joshua Round Table" event that happened last night.
Many years ago we established a semi-annual event with some of the core leaders of our church who we know approach opportunities and challenges that we face with the eyes of faith (see Numbers 13 & 14).
Joshua and Caleb represented the two spies of the twelve that despite obstacles and impediments saw the possibilities that God was presenting them. They chose to believe God more than the circumstance and as a result the Lord delivered them to the Promised Land!
Last night's meeting was just such an occasion. There are lots of reasons why our mission and vision could be impeded.
However, with people of amazing faith gathered together we quickly believe that we have the corporate strength and unity to overcome anything and to fulfill God's best hopes and desires for us!
It was a great evening where I felt surrounded and blessed to be part of something bigger than myself and interdependently knit with other men and women of faith.
I wish that is something that everyone who reads this could share as it's one of the great gifts of my journey with Christ.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment