As I mentioned in my last post, there are incredibly “mixed” feelings about Father’s Day. I’ve heard from numerous people this week of their own struggle to overcome past wounds and emotional harm done by absentee or neglectful dads at best, and abusive dads at worst.
On the other hand, there are many who are going out of their way this year to honor their dads, recognizing the incredible stress and emotional and psychological weight that they bear day-in and day-out to provide, protect and lead their families.
My son came home from New York this week. He’s the one of my three children that I see the least, but just being with him reminds me that the father-son bond is incredibly strong and not the least bit diminished by distance or time. (True of father and daughters as well!)
May you have a wonderful weekend with particular devotion to the fathers, grandfathers and other men who fill that roll in your family.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment