For some reason, I’ve been reflecting back over these past days on the influence of my father in my life while anticipating the upcoming Father’s Day event this weekend.
Perhaps it’s the realization that few things eclipse the gift of being a father or simply the recognition that our kids continue to enrich our lives as they mature; but for whatever reason I’m grateful for this role I’ve been able to play in life. (Perhaps it’s the fact that I’ve been going to a lot of “t-ball” games for my grandson lately and really appreciate the fact that I’m no longer required to be the dad who knows everything!)
I also see just how much of an influence dad’s have on their kids, whether they know it or not. Just one word of criticism can undo a child’s confidence while a word of encouragement can help them to leap ahead into anything they wish to.
I may talk about this a couple of more times this week. It’s meant that much to me and also is something that seems to get overlooked in the overall importance of days of remembrance.
For now, let me say how much I value what I remember of my dad and how much I yearn to continue to be a dad that my kids look up to.
Blessings!
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment