At a memorial service on Saturday, I read the following quote by Edward Madison Cameron, a prominent attorney who recognized that he was soon to leave this earth. Speaking to his body…
“When you can go no further, I shall leave you and be free… When we separate, I shall continue to exist… A Power greater than you and I started us on our journey. Your journey is approaching its end and you are aware of it. My journey has scarcely begun, and I know it because I have never been more alive. Our separation is therefore not one of sadness but one of joy. You are weary and want to stop. I am longing to alight from this slowing vehicle and to go on without you.”
Many found this to be an insightful and refreshing reminder that though our bodies do decay and eventually die, our spirit continues to grow stronger and even more anticipative of the life that’s to come.
Live today with eternity in mind!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
My Foster Dad suddenly was called home to Jesus this afternoon. Your words bring me comfort in this time of sadness. Thank you for the insight.
ReplyDeleteThank you for putting this quote in your blog. It is one I will save and use to minister to many of our elderly patients and their families. It will encourage them, but it also speaks deeply to me.
ReplyDelete