I doubt that many of us would recognize the name Hannah Szymanski, but heaven is rejoicing with this little 10 ½ yr. old girl today. After 8 years of suffering from two very rare genetic diseases, Hannah went to be with Jesus this past Friday, August 1st.
The story that I really wish you could hear in detail is the hidden courage of her family; dad Stan, mom Cindy and brother Joshua. In an era when profoundly disabled children are often institutionalized and cared for by others, this family poured themselves into the 24/7 routine of caring for Hannah’s every need.
They also faced a medical community that did not understand the complexity of this disease because only 4 or 5 other children have ever been diagnosed with it.
I wonder what event or circumstance I may face that will require such “hidden courage”. I pray it’s nothing as profound as what Stan and Cindy have been through, but all of us are required to “walk by faith” and that is only done with hidden courage and a resolve that trusts Jesus even when circumstances don’t seem to go the way you had planned.
Nonetheless, today we celebrated a life and honored hidden courage!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment