My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leaning In

Over the past months I’ve found myself using the phrase “lean in” in a variety of contexts. Invariably, what I’m trying to say is that the next communication is very important and your full engagement would be in your best interest.

What’s interesting to me is how often people sends signals of keeping a safe distance or even at times “leaning out.” I have to say that as a person, let alone a leader, it’s very easy for me to discern the difference and it’s very telling about the individual’s level of interest or commitment.

Leaning in says to me that you care, that you’re listening, that you want to make a difference. Neutrality, or leaning out, tells me opposite messages, none of which are supportive or encouraging.

Let me strongly encourage you to “lean in” every time you get the opportunity.

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment