My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tucker

If you happen to be a pet lover, you’ll identify profoundly with the emotion of these next words.

After 8 1/2 great years together, our chocolate lab Tucker took his last breath today.

I could fill up this blog with a list of things I know I’m going to miss over the next weeks, from the sense of “unconditional love” to the “I’d be happy to go there with you” look that I got every time I left the house.

I frequently get asked, especially by children, if there are animals in heaven. Does God make room for our pets? My answer is always rather vague because I don’t know that the Bible says anything definitive, but I’m certain of one thing; good pets are God’s gifts to use while we journey here on earth. Obviously He cared that we were engaged with them because He had Adam and Eve name them which defined their sense of being in the grand scheme of creation.

For the Passavants, Tucker was a friend for the last 8 1/2 years and one that we’ll all miss and whose memory will always remind us that our heavenly Father loves to give us “good and perfect gifts”. (James 1:17)

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

3 comments:

  1. "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal..." Proverbs 12:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Jay
    As you may know, I also am a very fond lover of DOGS and horses. We are very sorry about Tucker. I have you to thank many years ago in referring to me Sunday after church about Dr.Denis Damian. He saved our horse that afternoon and we had him (Smokey) for two more years. Thank you. Bob and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr.Jay,

    My husband and I are dog lovers, Ms Jewels is our 12 years old Dalmation and a joy to have. She saved my husband from a house fire and my husband has been through many, many difficult times with Ms Jewels by his side. We do understand your family's loss and our hearts feel your pain. I feel God allows us companions through out our lives to listen to our complaints put up with our moods and accept us exactly the way we are like Gods love. Unconditional and suited to each one of our needs that is if we are blessed enough for them to find us or we them. After Lucky Boy our male Dalmation passed we had to make a big move where Lucky just wouldn't have been able to adapt. Each situation we have been in since his passing, my husband and I say, " Lucky Boy would not have been comfortable here."
    He once chased and caught a skunk and after it sprayed him he threw it and came running back to us and Ms Jewels it took us all night and three cans of tomato juice, and two bottles of peroxide with detergent to get the smell almost off of him and us to this day every time we smell a skunk we grin who would have ever thought the smell of a skunk was "Not SO Bad" after all. Hold on to the joy Tucker brought you and your family.

    Many Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete