In my recent study of Joshua and Caleb in Numbers 13 and 14, I was struck by the words of Caleb who, 45 years after he was denied access to the Promised Land because of the unbelief of others, said that he had not lost any of his “strength.”
I want you to think about that for a moment. We often see obstacles to our faith as things which will deplete us whereas scripture clearly says that obstacles build our faith and cause it to grow as we trust the Lord!
This is so counter-intuitive that I think we often dismiss it and fail to keep the exhortation of James, chapter 1, to “thank the Lord for our trials.” In fact, they build our faith and cause us to remain evermore expectant of God’s intervention.
That’s where I’m standing when it comes to North Way’s future ministry and particularly the opportunity to have multi-site campuses. It’s the most effective way of winning souls for Christ and therefore, whatever obstacle is in the way, I believe it will strengthen my faith that God will come through! Have a great day trusting Him!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment