For those of you who read this blog with any regularity, I'm humbled and grateful for your interest in what God is speaking into my life.
As some of you know, I was away with my family for the past week and really enjoyed the interaction and time that God gave us, all 18 of us, together!
However, the most surprising emotion was what I felt when I walked back into my home. My spirit leapt with rejoicing as I walked through the door and realized that I was heading back into the very place God wants me to be at a really exciting time in the life of our church.
Being with some people while I was away who are struggling for purpose and direction in life reminded me of the great gift that we have as Christ followers. Every day we have a reason to get up and a purpose that God has prepared for us (Ephesians 2:10) and knowing that gift awaits me after a vacation is an incredible blessing!
I trust you have that same sense in your heart if you're blessed to get away and come "home where your heart is."
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Happy Anniversary Pastor Jay. You are so right in that going away is great but so is coming home. I hope you enjoy the book I left for you (via Scott Stevens).
ReplyDelete