I had coffee today with Saleem Ghubril who many of you may recognize as the founder of The Pittsburgh Project and now the director of The Pittsburgh Promise.
Much of what we shared was personal, but one of the things that I can relate to you was an overlap of principles that I have found in my own life and ministry.
That is that there is no substitute in ministry for long term credibility. Saleem has been extraordinarily fruitful in his ministry and has managed to gain the trust of many influential people in this city, but he's done it one brick at a time. When we talked about this it was clear to me that there were many years in his life and ministry when he wasn't sure how or when God would provide just what he needed to get through a given month let alone a year.
Having been there, I can tell you that the only way credibility gets established is by "proven fruitfulness" which God seems to give to those who trust Him, are faithful with what they are given and willing to hold it loosely for the glory of Jesus.
It was a wonderful time together and simply served to heighten my respect for this outstanding leader who God has placed in our community.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment