My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 9, 2010

We Never Stop Honoring

Sunday was a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh. The temperatures were warm but the humidity was down. Following worship, every fiber of my being wanted to be outdoors exercising or just enjoying the beautiful weather in some way.

Instead, I had promised my Mom months ago that I would take her to see “The Student Prince” at the Civic Light Opera in downtown Pittsburgh. I have to admit that while driving into town my spirit was not rejoicing! However, when I watched just how much she enjoyed every moment of that 2 ½ hour presentation, I realized it was a very good thing to do.

We talked about a lot of things on our way home that afternoon and. even though most of my outdoor plans didn’t materialize, my heart knew that some sacrifices have to be made from time to time in order to honor those who God says are worthy. No one is more worthy in my life than my Mom and it was a joy to do so.

Who might God be calling you to honor in your life today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment