Although today was very full in terms of scheduled meetings and long conversations, I find myself growing in anticipation toward the coming fall season of ministry.
We spent about an hour and a half this morning (preceded by a time of worship and a study of 2 Corinthians 5:11-20) detailing the anticipated ministry opportunities that we are preparing for the fall season.
One of the great blessings of this church is that we seek to maintain a balance between meeting the needs of people who are hurting or in some state of need versus the command of Jesus to make disciples of all nations through evangelism and purposeful investment in the lives of others.
This is probably the most difficult challenge that any pastor of a large church faces. Why? The needs of people are extremely burdensome and I don't go through a day without thinking of the heartache, pain and suffering of many of our people.
On the other hand, I know that the Lord has called us to reach the lost and in the words of Paul in the passage we studied to persuade, compel and convince the lost that they need Jesus in their lives.
The great comfort that I have is that there is an amazing team of men and women assembled to help provide leadership to an even more amazing church family who will take upon themselves the mantle of fulfilling this mission.
I've not been more excited about a season of ministry in a long time and look with great anticipation toward the launch which is just a few weeks away!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment