Every good and perfect gift comes from above, James 1:17 declares with great power!
Last evening as hundreds and hundreds of people left our building following the "Adore" Christmas concert I saw the embodiment of that verse in the smiles, greetings and spirits of the people who had just been treated to nearly 2 hours of "good and perfect gifts" shared through song, readings, video clips and the declaration of God's Word.
Some people have difficulty when we play "popular" music in the church rather than simply sacred music, but I find it uplifting and thought provoking when someone from our team sings with passion and sincerity "I'll be Home For Christmas" and I think of the thousands of military troops who would give anything to leave their posts and be with their families. That song, though not written from a Christian perspective, ministers to me concerning the gift of freedom and the cost and sacrifice expended by those who serve us on the field.
However, to add to that beautiful carols and the declaration of the fact that God Himself came to us cloaked in the flesh of a baby adds to the mystery and significance of this special season that we call "Christmas."
I declared to our people last evening that we all received a "gift" and that was the gift of hope, faith and joy. My simple responsibility is to continue to spread that throughout this season and realize that the source of it all is above.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
P.S. If you should be in the area and want to try to attend the final presentation tonight at 7:00 p.m., please come soon and pray for the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment