My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Revelation of Hospitality

In preparing for today’s “mini devotional” with my staff, the Lord led me to a passage in Genesis 18 which I had never fully appreciated before today.

In the first thirteen verses or so Abraham welcomes three strangers and engages them with a spirit of hospitality which seems unusually engaging and generous.

As I read through the special preparations he made including food, beverages and other things for their comfort, it all seemed to parallel the point that I wanted to make about the need for a “spirit of hospitality” as we enter the Christmas Season.

The revelation came when at the end of the passage one of the strangers spoke the Word of the Lord that Sarah would have “a son”.

Suddenly, I realized this entire passage was about the Lord’s Word through His servant and the possibility of new life bursting forth upon us at any time.

The clear connection, however, between Abraham’s hospitality and the incredible miracle of the child that Sarah said could “never be” was a very clear prophetic allusion to the Christmas Child for me.

All in all it was a stirring passage and a great reminder that “with God all things are possible”!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment