My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Increasing Joy!

Joy is more than "being happy" and more than getting the things you want. Joy includes them all but transcends them by entire paradigms of truth.

Joy is knowing that Jesus is in control of the details of our lives and lovingly looking out for each and everything that happens to us.

I awakened today with a significant amount of pain from a dental procedure, but underneath all of that I had a joy that today would be full of the opportunity to trust His grace to see things through.

It's amazing how the appropriate posture can lead to desired outcomes! I expected things to produce joy and ... they did! Pain was an issue but it did not overcome the spirit of joy that God blessed me with because I humbly asked Him to do so.

May your weekend be filled with joy as you take time to worship, to be with your family and friends and to consider the amazing number of ways that God has shown His grace toward you.

If that is your focus through this Christmas season you will certainly be full of increasing joy.

Blessings,
Pastor Jay

"Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." Luke 2:10

3 comments:

  1. Pastor Jay,
    Thanks for your diligent blogging during some especially busy and difficult times in your own life. I appreciate and enjoy reading your words of wisdom.
    Debbie Eaton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. Sometimes I am hard on myself for not always feeling "happy", but I do always have that sense that God is indeed in control and active in the details of my life - and that does fill me with great joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Jay,
    Thanks for your diligent blogging during some especially busy and difficult times in your own life. I appreciate and enjoy reading your words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete