My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

If Only...

If only I could control the uncertainties of air travel, life would be so much simpler for so many people!

We had plans today to meet some folks and discuss a number of important issues concerning life here at North Way. Although our friends will be able to make the trip, the significant weather/equipment related issues that changed their flights all around did nothing but create some inconvenience for a couple dozen other people who had to change their schedules to accommodate all this.

However, in the grand scheme of life I expect the "if only" of a detail like this is quite small. Rather, I prefer to go back to the assertion that we've been making over the past weeks that God is in control of everything that concerns us and we do well to acknowledge that even when it seems to be inconvenient.

Reading the Christmas story last night with my small group I was reminded that it was the Romans who called for the census that brought Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem to fulfill 700 year old prophecy that the Messiah would be born in that small little village outside of Jerusalem.

How much more can we count on God controlling circumstances of our lives to bring about His purpose if we simply believe Him to do so!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I needed this today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete