This was one of those days when I certainly had more on my “plate” than was humanly possible to manage!
It’s a great thing to be with people and to hear their stories and know their needs; but it’s also frustrating in that you can’t begin to process them all or meet them all as you’d care to.
When this happens, I find that my only recourse is to find some time in the midst of my day and focus on what Jesus promised and that was clear in Matthew 11:28 “come to me you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.” That scripture is a dynamic “rhema” for any time that we need to have our burden lifted and our yoke made easy.
It sounds like a strange paradox at Christmas time when we’re talking about joy, festivities, celebrations and Christmas Eve services! All those things are wonderful and I trust they will happen but they need to be balanced through the truth that only the grace of Jesus can give us the strength we need to “be all things to all men”!
Just one more day ‘til Christmas!
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment