One of the things that I've sensed early in this Christmas season is that the pressure to try to fulfill expectations and make commitments is going to be extremely hard.
I know that we all enjoy being with people and that's a huge part of our life in community; but we have to keep in balance the reality that we can only appropriately give ourselves to "so many" people.
It's not long before folks come to feel like they're getting just "a little piece of you" instead of your full attention. This isn't a good thing and you're better off rescheduling than spending time that's hurried and distracted.
I know that's how I feel when I'm with someone who's obviously overloaded, and I don't want to treat others that way.
Christmas is a time to express love and appreciation. Give that to as many people as you can while maintaining a balance in your own life that gives the Lord your first and foremost attention.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment