Tomorrow evening, weather permitting, I'll be speaking on the quad of Grove City College to the graduating class of 2010 and whatever family members choose to attend.
It's likely that close to a couple thousand people will be there and I'll have an opportunity to share my perspective of over three decades of full time ministry and substantially more than that of walking with Jesus to a group of bright, competent and highly motivated graduates who are ready to face "the real world."
What would you say to a group like that? What would be your message to students who are going into a very uncertain world with a myriad of responsibilities and choices to make?
I'm really looking forward to the opportunity and I've asked the Spirit to give me a few images and words that will "stick with" these students in coming years as a reminder that though life is sure to send them many unexpected changes there is a place to go for absolute security and certainty.
It's a privilege to have this opportunity and I look forward to sharing that with some of my family and friends who are alumni of this very well regarded and solidly evangelical institution.
Now, let's see what the Lord has in store for us in terms of weather because this could be a close knit indoor event or a very pleasant outdoor event simply based on the will of God. Strange, that's how much of life really is!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment