My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 7, 2010

A Word About My Mom

With Mother's Day just a couple days away I couldn't help but take a moment to thank the Lord for all that my Mother has meant to me throughout my spiritual journey.

Time won't permit me to even begin to recount the times that she directed my steps, but the most wonderful thing is that some 50 years after my first encounter with Christ, she is still speaking into my life and encouraging me to trust God with the huge decisions that I face every week as the pastor of this great church.

The thing that makes all this so wonderful is that my Mom didn't have a family like I do and the fact that she's been so passionate in keeping us together speaks to me about the way that God's loving grace is only fully appreciated when you somehow haven't known it.

And so Mom, thanks for all you have been and continue to be in my life and may I be more faithful to remind you of that, not just on Mother's Day but every day that we share together.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment