My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Maintaining Momentum

One of the principles that I've learned over the years in my personal spiritual journey as well as church leadership is that there's a certain "momentum" with the Lord that is very much to be desired. Call it "the favor of the Lord" or "God's grace in unlimited measure." It has to do with those times when God just seems to be granting favor and opening doors of opportunity even when you know you haven't done anything significant on your own to make it happen. (The book of Acts is replete with illustrations of this.)

As we move into the middle of the spring season and then the summer it is one of the great challenges in church leadership to maintain the momentum that we sense God has breathed upon our church family. I'm actually quite burdened about this right now. I sense that it would be easy for us to slip back into "traditional church thought" which is that the summer is a time of kicking back and idling into "neutral" once again waiting for the fall season.

Truthfully, I don't see that anywhere in scripture and I certainly don't believe that God takes a rest in the Summer. That's not to say that vacations aren't needed, but it is to say that when you know His favor is on you then it's certainly time to risk it all and move forward into His blessing!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment