My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Standing Strong

I'm not sure about you, but I'm finding that almost every day something disconcerting or troubling seems to happen in our country.

The current flood of difficult news has to do with the immigration dispute that is focused in Arizona but is literally a national issue. On top of that, we have the recent terrorist attempt by another middle eastern jihadist who wants to destroy Americans.

And then there's the potential ecological disaster that has upset the oil markets and created a lot of finger pointing and outrage from those who oppose offshore oil drilling. (All I know is that gasoline has already gone up 20 cents a gallon in the last 10 days.)

Friends, we are in a time when almost everything that "can be shaken will be shaken" which is right out of scripture. I don't say this to upset any readers, but to recognize that these are times that the Bible talked about in no uncertain terms. These are times when we have to draw near to God and be sure that our security is resting in His promises and His presence.

One of the reasons I love community is that it reminds me on a daily basis that I am not in this journey alone. My friendships, small group and partners in the gospel are sources of great encouragement in difficult times such as these! Be blessed as you continue to trust the Lord and remember that He is sovereign and in control!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment