If you’re in a stage in life like I am where there are more than enough things to do,
one thing you begin to find out pretty clearly is that it’s not sensible to have too many “late nights” followed by “early mornings”.
At a recent conference, one of the main speakers made the point of creating “unhurried time” with the Lord in the morning. That’s something I’ve coveted over the years and have kept as a discipline most of my life. However, I’ve found over recent months that too many late night meetings have taken the wind out of my early morning sails.
As I come in toward the summer season I am purposing to change that by the grace of God! I want those times in the morning when it’s quiet, when my soul can be still before the Lord and when I can glean nourishment from His word and commune with the Spirit.
Somehow late nights and early mornings don’t go well together for very long. If you find yourself stuck in that trap I urge you to join me in making a commitment to offload some of those nights so you can spend the mornings with your Savior.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment