My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Turning Down the Negativity

One of the things that struck me this week was just how much "negative news" there is to consume if you'll allow it.

Whether it's the oil spill in the Gulf, the immigration law in Arizona, or the dirty politicking going on prior to the primaries, there is just so much that you can take in before you begin to think that everything around us is falling apart.

The stock market is down, European economy is uncertain, and so on, and before long we find ourselves thinking more about carnal things than the kingdom of God!

I want to challenge you to turn off these inputs for a few days and see if God doesn't give you some hope, truth and joy to fill your life knowing that He's in control of those things which simply will never be the way we want them to be.

I have found that you really have to take this discipline if you're to stay "free to folow Jesus" or else you'll become just another sounding board for the negative voices that are out there.

Trust you have a great weekend in worship where we lift up the name of our changeless and wonderful God and hear His word proclaimed!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Amen Jay. I was getting so down listening to the whole political arena. One day I turned on K-love instead. That was over 6 weeks ago. I don't know how the politcal world is going to survive without me knowing what's going on but I am much more content in my soul. Good word Jay!
    Norma

    ReplyDelete