I’m not sure about you, but I find the amount of information that’s being thrown at us each and every day concerning the presidential election is almost overwhelming.
There was an incredible fixation with the vice presidential debate last night and now that that’s behind us, a whole new set of issues will likely emerge over the weekend.
Clearly, we have to set our eyes on something higher than just the “candidates” and all of this. That’s why I’ve asked our Elders and Deacons to join me in reading through a small prayer guide called “The Soul of a Nation” for focus and guidance as we approach an important time in our nation’s history; the presidential election of 2008.
I want to invite you to also take advantage of this resource by checking out the website www.thesoulofanation.com where you can get a daily email prayer update and join with thousands, maybe millions of others who will also be praying for God’s favor, blessing and mercy as we navigate these difficult and somewhat confusing times.
I’ve talked to people who believe that God wants to judge America, and to many who believe He wants to bless America. I only know that my responsibility is to pray for America and leave the results to Him.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment