I had the great privilege today to join with about 400 other Senior Pastors from all over the Southwestern PA region. It was the annual “Pastors Appreciation Luncheon” hosted by WORD-FM and the fine people of their staff, most especially Chuck Gratner.
Although the speaker was inspiring and the lunch much better than I would have had on my own, the most valuable part of that experience was the dozens of connections I was able to re-establish with friends and ministry acquaintances from all over the area.
There is something to be said for long-term ministry in one location. The network of trust, appreciation and mutually held respect is something of great value which few pastors have the privilege of experiencing.
I found it both humbling and exhilarating to be remembered by so many and also to appreciate many others that have touched my life through the years.
Make no mistake. Your relationships do matter and the longer you are blessed to be able to build into them, the more fruit you’re going to bear!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment