My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Quiet Mind

One of the things that I’ve been blessed to do over the past 10 days is to “create space” where my mind can become completely quiet. I’m sure it’s true of me, and it may be true of you, that my mind seems to be constantly churning. I’m always being bombarded with new input and frequently think that I might be missing something so I’m always communicating, reading, online, etc.

This is all well and good, but if I don’t have a quiet mind, then I don’t leave any room for God to speak into my life. Friends, this is an extremely important point.

God is not going to compete with the internet or television, text messaging or cell phones to get your attention. He wants you to make the effort to be quiet before Him. (Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46: 10)

I want to challenge you, as I have myself, to spend at least 15 minutes a day when your mind is quiet before God. You’ll find that He may very well have something life changing to place in that open space!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. It was just a thought then it became a need then a necessity.

    For the past 7 years My husband and I have made a place in our home to be quiet before our God.. With the hectic world we live in we are so accessible ALL the time and anywhere. We found we could Pray, listen, study, and read Gods word in this special space we made, alone or together, silent or praying it is in those times our hearts become hungry to be obedient and in that obedience Our minds become clearer to understanding the depth of Gods Love for Us. We all have a hunger to see, touch, smell and feel things to make them real in our minds but by taking time with God our lives become fuller and the spiritual needs we have are far more than anything this world could provide through Jesus Christ.
    Thank-you Dr. Jay for sharing

    ReplyDelete