Carol and I have spent the past week a long way from home physically; but right along side of you spiritually.
We're coming up on our 39th wedding anniversary and for every one of those years (well, maybe we missed one or two!); we've made time to be together. This brings focus on our relationship, our family, our calling and how we can best love each other as we continue to change.
Note that I said "change". The 'next gen' people may think I'm in denial, but I don't see it as "getting old". I see it as the way God designed life. You change! Every day, in hundreds of ways, you change.
The best thing we do is to reset expectations in the seasons of our lives without throwing out the things we know we need and enjoy. (spiritually… that may be reading, praying and serving..; relationally, it may be eating out, listening well and a few other things that don't fit this blog!)
We love being out here. It's a different world, but it prepares us for the real one where you are.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment