My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Penalty

I was reading this week that one of the worst penalties of sin in our lives, if left unaddressed, is that we get "used to it".

At first, I thought, "no big deal", but as I reflected on this I began to see how insidious this is to our spiritual life. When "normal" includes something that grieves our Lord, how can we expect Him to grant us further revelation or encounters?

We should not tolerate anything in our lives that somehow distorts the glory of the One who redeemed us. Impatience, pride, selfishness, laziness, negativity, greed; imagine "getting used to those things" within us.

We've all heard people say at one time or another: "that's just the way I am". That's acceptable if it has to do with how you like your meat cooked, but it's sad if that's about sin in our lives.

Do you have courage to ask Jesus to show you what you have allowed to be present long enough in you that you're now "okay" with it, despite the fact that He had to die for you to be free from it?

The penalty has been paid.

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. OUCH!!!!!!!

    Thank you - it was painful but much needed.

    ReplyDelete