My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Someone Else's Faith

In preparation for my message this weekend, I’ve been reflecting on the number of things I’ve seen in the story of Lazarus that simply didn’t jump out at me in my previous readings.

One of the most powerful was the fact that Lazarus “healing” had nothing to do with him, and everything to do with the people around him. Think about that for just a moment. So often, we think that what happens in our life has to do with our faith and what we’re able to believe God to do in our lives.

But consider this. Lazarus was dead. His faith was not operating at all! And yet, because of Jesus love for him and the faith of his sisters and family, he experienced one of the greatest miracles of all time.

When you don’t think you have faith for whatever you face, consider inviting others to join you in prayer for whatever it is that you need. Consider, quite possibly, that their faith is all that God needs to release His power into your life.

It may seem like a small thing, but when you don’t have much faith yourself, it may be just what you need to see that miracle that you really need in your life.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Jay, thanks for this post. I definitely connect with it as I had lots of brothers and sisters praying for me when I was in need and lacking in faith. Thanks for your prayers and the support of North Way.

    ReplyDelete