One of the most important things you can learn to do is give your full attention to someone when you are listening.
I’m astonished at how few people really seem to have a handle on how important this quality truly is.
Lot’s of folks are ready to jump in and offer opinions and ideas and way too many people are ready to simply have fun with you when what you need is something far more profound.
Listening is an essential skill. It comes when you tune in not to just the words, but the body language, emotion and heart that are behind the words. In fact, more often than not it’s those things that communicate more than the words themselves.
I appreciate enormously those people that have developed the skill of listening well and find myself attracted to them when I feel the need to off-load something in my life. I hope you have folks like that in your life but more than that, I hope you are that person for someone else.
Blessings!
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment