Just yesterday I was visiting with a friend who commented on a photograph that I have on the wall in my office.
It’s funny how “things” mean things to us at different times, but they never mean more than a relationship.
Just when my friend spoke about how much he liked the photograph, the Lord spoke to me that I was to give it to him as a token of my appreciation for our friendship. It was not a big deal to me, but I think it was a real blessing and joy for him to receive.
One of the things that I’m learning in life is that the words of Jesus are true, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” I don’t know why it takes us most of our life to learn that but once we do we’re changed forever! Just be open to how the Lord wants it to happen on a day by day basis and you’ll find yourself delighting in the joy of giving.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment