When we sit with people and invest some time in really getting to know them, one common thread seems to emerge in every transformed life.
Almost without exception, every person has had a “secret moment” or some prefer the term “defining moment” when they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God was invading their life.
This is true to of the biblical model of many men and women of God from Moses to Mary who had encounters with Jesus that transformed them.
I know that for me I can point back to those handful of times that God was indisputably present in a moment in my life. The current hunger of my heart is that those would become more numerous perhaps, but also that in some ways, I would not need them to feel or sense God’s presence any more than I do throughout my daily life.
I believe that by God’s Spirit in our lives and His Word speaking to us, that we can know that secret presence day by day, moment by moment, without any unique experience. Those experiences simply come as a smile of God’s approval that we are walking together the path that He’s chosen. May you enjoy such a weekend!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Thanks for your comments. It is comforting to know that even though you are a pastor you have the same feelings as the rest of "us". God is truly all around us if we just open our eyes and hearts and let Him reveal his presence.
ReplyDelete