My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Moving Toward the Cross

Each day of Easter week brings us closer to the realization that the greatest redemptive act of all time took place on Good Friday over 2000 years ago.

On that day the Son of God, in the flesh, Jesus Christ, willfully allowed Himself to be crucified in our place because of our sin and broken relationship with God the Father.

I find it difficult to spend a lot of time thinking about how terrible that moment must have been in Jesus life. The suffering, the agony, the betrayal and the knowledge that He could have stopped it at any time is more than I’m able to process. On the other hand, unless I do take the time to reflect on it I do not appreciate what Jesus did for me and therefore cannot truly respond in humble obedience and rededicate my life to Him.

If you have a moment, go on line and reflect back on some of the great hymns that were written about that day. The Old Rugged Cross, O Sacred Head Now Wounded, When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, O Love That Will Not Let Me Go; these all reveal the depths of understanding of the miraculous exchange that was made on that day.

Walking with you,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment