In this weekend’s service, we had a powerful interview with Aaron and Jaimie Smith. Aaron is the 10 year veteran Pro-Bowl defensive end who’s played his entire career at Pittsburgh, winning 2 Super Bowls along the way.
When I asked Aaron the number one “takeaway” of the experience he had in this past year when he went from the highs of winning a Super Bowl ring to the very difficult news of discovering that his 5 year old son, Elijah, had leukemia he simply said this: “Get prepared for whatever life has for you, and get prepared now.”
Aaron, fortunately, had built a support base of friends and a church family that he could turn to when his family faced one of life’s most difficult challenges.
The big mistake that I see so often is that people don’t turn to the Lord until the crisis occurs and at that point it’s very difficult to find meaningful relationships and the kind of help you really need.
This may seem like a pretty simple thing, but it’s something that I would say the majority of church goers, let alone the general population, has failed to embrace.
I encourage you to watch the full interview on our video archive at www.northway.org and learn some of the other lessons that Aaron and Jaimie shared with us!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment