It’s not my normal practice in this space to talk about my family. I have tried my best to let them live their lives according to God’s plan and not drag them into the pages of mine!
However, I’m really looking forward to today as it’s the beginning of a couple days with my two sons, David & Jonathan, in a very relaxed and new environment for us all.
In the ministry, far too many men have sacrificed their sons (usually not knowing that they’re doing so). In my life, not that I’ve been a perfect dad, both of my boys love the Lord and have a passion to serve Him as well as enjoying our adult relationship.
I’m not sure if I deserve that, but I certainly feel blessed to be able to share such a time with them.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Jay...I heard you were hanging at Q! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure what you mean by "sacrificing your sons."
ReplyDeleteI believe that you do deserve it. You are a wonderful father and have proved so with a wonderful family who loves the LORD and is passion is for the furtherance of the gospel of Christ.
Pastor Jay, I enjoy your daily blogs as it keeps me close to Northway even though we are 2500miles away.You and I both are blessed with two sons. They are blessings from the Lord. It is a special blessing when you can spend some Quality time with them.I want to thank you for providing for my one son ( Rob ) to be with us the week after Easter. I was able to have a few days with Rob and my other son Ken, who is in ministry here in Placerville.We also had a great time with Kerry and Faith and the rest of the family that live here.It is so great to hear of all the good things going on at Northway and we are looking to visit again sometime in August. Again thanks for including Rob and Kerry as "family" in Pittsburg.We are so glad and thank the Lord that Rob can be apart of a grace filled church thats reaching the community for Christ.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you Pastor Jay
Wally Burkey