My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

If you keep trying...

One of the things that has become very common place is the idea that people only fail because they quit trying.

As true as that may be factually, it is a difficult thing to confront emotionally. In other words it takes effort to rally yourself to go back at a problem again and again and again until you sense you have the “answer.”

Fortunately, there is encouragement in God’s Word that perseverance is something that does not go unnoticed by the Lord. In fact, He commends the widow in Luke chapter 18 for her perseverance and the outcome of a decision changes as a result of the fact that she would not give up.

This is true in major decisions but it’s also true in the details of life. What each of us has to do is determine how much fuel or energy we have to give to each one of those issues that may not be responding. Once that is done, you can know just where to invest and keep on investing your emotional energy in prayer and faith, and where you may choose to battle at another time.

Just want to encourage you… its worth it when you come to the right solution or find the right answer that had seemed to be impossible!

Blessings, Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Pastor Jay for your encouragement. I have lived most of my life with my "failure response" as being an avoidance of situations where I believe I will fail. I am in a critical "life defining moment" right now and I needed to hear that encouragement - PRESS AHEAD!

    ReplyDelete