Most all of us have either heard or read about the need for a healthy “rhythm” in our lives.
This has to do not only with the pace of life but the balance of ways that we invest the limited time that we have.
The more I walk with the Lord the more convinced I am that there is something to this.
When we’re young we tend to ignore some of the flashing red lights that indicate we’re out of balance, but as we mature we are much more aware that God has put them there for a reason.
As for me, when I’m out of rhythm, I tend to rely much more on my own thought processes than waiting on the voice of God through His Spirit to direct and lead me. It’s a pretty uncomfortable confession for someone who believes so strongly in waiting on the Lord but it is a function of a rhythm of life that needs attended to.
I’m taking a little time next week to get into a different rhythm to help re-evaluate and continue to learn from those around me about what really matters.
Blessings!
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment