Most of us have heard of the “20/80 rule” as it applies to productivity. That is 20% of your employee/efforts will produce 80% of your output in most circumstances!
I’ve also found a variation of that rule in terms of dealing with the issues of life. That is, I will not spend more than 20% of my time dealing with problems that come at me in a given day. In other words, 80% of my day is going to be spent taking initiative and trying my best to create opportunities and expand vision and mission versus dealing with negative and difficult issues.
This is not at all insensitivity. It is, however, an effort to avoid the “quick sand” of the constant drone of problems and issues that seem to always be knocking at our door.
Take a look at your day and ask yourself have I spent most of my time proactively or reactively? Begin to apply the 20/80 rule and I think you’ll find each day will have more to celebrate than the day before!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment