Yesterday, we had a period for about an hour when the skies opened and it rained about as hard as I can ever remember! I was just going from my car in the parking lot to the office and my entire body was soaked.
The “reign” of the Holy Spirit is rarely of the drenching kind, but more of the refreshing and soaking kind. It’s a rain that comes in and feeds the soul and lifts the spirit to expect God to come through on His promises.
If you find yourself in a season of being somewhat “dry” or perhaps even despairing, ask the Holy Spirit to rain down on you.
Now, let me say that should you find yourself in a real cloud-burst of the Spirit, I wouldn’t reject that…I would just know that it’s a sign that God has many ways to accomplish what He wants to have done in your life by the power of His Spirit at work in you.
I’m ready for it to rain, and I trust that you are too!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment