My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 28, 2009

At A Loss For Words

One of the things that people often say to me when it comes to sharing their faith with others is that they are afraid that they "won't know what to say" when someone asks them a tough question.

Interestingly, this is one of the specific things Jesus said NOT to worry about. "Don't worry about how to respond or what to say to people. God will give you the right words at the right time for it is not you who will be speaking - it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." Matthew 10:19&20

This doesn't mean that we shouldn't be familiar with God's word or thought about some of the most common questions that we face, but it does mean that "the pressure is off" when it comes to sharing with people. God will give you the right words, He always does!

I've found that things have come out of my mouth that I hadn't even thought of when I've been in conversations with people because I realize that God cares more about their eternal destiny than I ever could. Therefore He will use me as He sees fit.

And so, as you have those spontaneous conversations, don't worry about what you're going to say, just ask the Lord for the right words and He'll be sure to give them to you!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment