My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Answered Prayer

As I was praying this morning, I have to confess a few moments of frustration about the "lack of answers" in certain areas of prayer.

Shortly thereafter I came across a reading in "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers (which you can find easily on line). Chambers makes a profound observation that prayer is not really about getting answers from God but rather God's desire for us to learn to be "one" with him in all things.

That sounds really good to me but I have to confess that I also want the answers! In reality, of course, the truth is that if God's involved in the details of my life then the answers are irrelevant, aren't they?! In other words, He's going to take care of the situation because He is the answer to whatever needs I'm praying for.

Hope this encourages you the next time you feel that you're struggling a bit with prayer. In the end, it's about becoming one with Jesus in our daily walk.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Jay,
    I've been praying for a long time now that I could come to a place where I am totally "in Christ". That is, not just a God who "walks with me and talks with me", but totally enmeshed, encircled, surrounded by a totally Holy God. So that instead of a belief system that says, whereever my food treads today, I know He is there with me...I am able to flip that "old man" over and say, God I'm in you so where you go today, I'm there with you! I have gray hair now, and I thought I'd get it by now. I am grateful that God never ceases to do what it takes to get my attention!

    ReplyDelete