My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Changing Our Focus

Throughout most of this afternoon I've been engaged in a very intense "strategy session" that will help set the course for defining some of North Way's next steps of ministry.

Perhaps the prevailing observation during the course of our discussion was that we must do everything within our power to help people shift their focus from "their own needs" to "the needs of others."

As simple as this may sound, it's at the very heart of transformation. It's what enables people to discover what it means to be the kind of servant that Jesus was (Philippians 2:1-11).

I've long dreamed of the day that we would transform our "audience" into an "army" that would be mobilized to go into the city, neighborhoods, schools and the surrounding region and incarnate the love of Christ that we experience so powerfully when we're together.

When we begin to strategize this in specific steps with measurable objectives, I get very excited because I believe that it can and will happen!

How would you measure your own strategy in this regard?

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. This particular blog has to be one of my favorite, though I have many. This is exactly my prayer for my small group but I have had trouble articulating it as well as you just did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete