My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I-Burgh

I’ve discovered that there’s an “app” on the I-phone that enables people to take photos of potholes and other serious imperfections and send them directly to the Department of City Works! What a great idea for the people, and what a challenge for the people who fix the streets!

It would be great if we had a way of communicating needs directly to the people who could specifically address them. In this case, I think Jesus would say to us that that’s what we are here to do. He lets us see needs so that we can somehow bring His resources to bear in helping people address their problems. (Remember that he said to the disciples “you give them something to eat”)

No, we’re not able to help everyone that we see all the time. However, if every one of us addressed just one need in any given day, imagine how many lives we could touch corporately as a church. It would be amazing and a great testimony to the power of the church that is truly looking to “serve” and not to be served.

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment