My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 19, 2009

A crazy season

As I read the news today, and reflect on the weekend just past, there’s no doubt that this “Swine flu” is going to have a rather significant, if not devastating, impact on lots of things including our ministry as a church. This comes at a particularly difficult time because I sense our ministry is gaining momentum on many levels and, unfortunately, this is going to be difficult to overcome.

Just yesterday, I was told by a number of parents and teachers that between one-third and one-half the kids in their classes are not there, and clearly that same ratio is going to carry over eventually into our public gatherings, etc. We can do everything possible to prepare for this, but in the end, it’s going to take a strong resolve on the part of our people to stay connected, whether in home groups and other small gatherings, through our on-line resources, and perhaps most of all, through prayer.

I don’t want to overreact and certainly, it won’t be because of fear. However, faith and strong leadership is important right now. Please pray for our church to be “covered” by the grace of God as we press through this and perhaps become even closer because of it.

Blessings in Jesus,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment